Signage has become a key marketing tool, whether it’s a decal on your vehicle or a simple sign outside your business. An eye-catching sign can generate a profit for a business and successfully contribute to a business’s brand. A poorly made sign can do the exact opposite. So, what about window signs? Like the standard “hung-on-the-wall” sign, a window sign can provide information to potential consumers. An effective window sign will convince a passerby that the service a business provides is something they need, but a weak window sign will simply be ignored. It’s important that you choose the right design and material in order to get the best results!
Why choose window graphics?
There are several reasons why you should consider getting a window graphic for your business: cost effective, local exposure, and compelling designs.
- Cost effective: Window graphics are undoubtedly cheaper than placing an advertisement in a newspaper or running a billboard campaign. Instead of paying a recurring fee, you’re able to pick your design and install it onto your window for as long as you want.
- Local exposure: A window graphic makes your business feel more community-centred. Using social media, television, and newspapers for your advertising, you’re able to reach a large audience. However, it’s a good idea to target a local audience and build up your reputation within the community. This can work in your favour if you ever decide to host a community event or open house!
- Compelling designs: Unlike window paint (which can fade over time) or a sign taped to the window (which definitely isn’t as cool), your window graphic will stay bright and legible for a long period of time. If you have a design you’ve longed to see on the window of your business, by working with a business specializing in window graphics (like JLS, for example) you’ll be able to make that a reality!
Types of Window Graphics
There are several different types of material that can be used on a window, depending on what you want your window graphic to achieve. Some businesses rely on opaque window graphics, while others prefer to have the light shining through, which clear window graphics allow.
- Clear window graphics are designed to let natural light to shine through into your business, allowing people to see in and out of the building. Aside from the printed design, the background of the clear window graphic remains clear, which makes it perfect for glass doors.
- Opaque window graphics are designed for privacy. Unlike the clear window graphics, opaque window graphics will obscure your visibility from both sides. Any part of the graphic that doesn’t show the main design will be an opaque white, which will also help block out harsh sunlight.
- Perforated window graphics are the perfect in-between. Instead of obscuring visibility from the inside, the design will only be opaque to those on the outside. Perforated window graphics are quite popular, as it allows privacy for those on the inside while still promoting your business in a professional way.
If you’re interested in creating an attention-grabbing window graphic for your business, come by JLS Signs & Decals for more information. Not only do we offer services in installation of full-colour logo decals, but we are also able to frost or tint your window. Adding this little touch might be the creativity you need for your business to grow!